This privacy & cookies policy sets out how Floodlight Digital Media uses and protects any information that you give Floodlight Digital Media when using our website.
Floodlight Digital Media is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy & cookies policy.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your visits to and use of this website;
- information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications and/or contacting us.
Information about website visits
We may collect information about you computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Some examples of cookie usage are:
- Storing information to personalise the website to your requirements
- A website that sells things may use a cookie to record items you have in a shopping basket
- Cookies can be used to record users behaviour on a website, for example to record the pages they have viewed
There are two different types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
- Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website, and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
- Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the site and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the site the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit, for example to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies will expire if the website that set them is not visited again within a certain time.
Cookies on this website
We use Google Analytics cookies on our website to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, and we do not share this information with anyone. Find out how Google uses data when you visit our website – google.com/policies/privacy/partners
Cookies set by third party websites
We sometimes embed content from websites such as YouTube, Twitter or other websites. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. Please check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Managing cookies on your computer
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit the About Cookies website.
You can choose to block the cookies that are set by the Floodlight Digital Media website, however you must be aware that doing so may mean that parts of the site will not work correctly.
Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy & cookies policy or in relevant parts of the website.
- internal record keeping
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us).
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping any passwords confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy & cookies policies of third party websites.
If you have any questions about this privacy & cookies policy or our treatment of your personal data, please contact us.